Find and access recently published information and resources.
New BRANZ resources and publications
Guideline February 2018
- The February issue of Guideline has been published and has a practical focus on looking after your clients, whether to install dwangs or nogs, requirements for roof underlays, and weatherboard fixings in a seaspray zone.
- BRANZ has published two new bulletins:
Build Magazine Issue 164 (February 2018)
- The February issue of Build Magazine has been published. The main feature section discusses seismic learnings, looking at experiences in the Canterbury earthquakes and the Kaikoura earthquakes. The other feature section looks at how to minimise construction and building waste and working in the asbestos removal area.
Changes to Building Code, Standards and legislation
Revisions to NZS3640:2003 and NZS3602:2003
- Progress has been made by two standards development committees that have been formed to review these two timber-related standards.
Building-related standards - free downloads
- The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment has made five building standards and a handbook available for free download. These are:
Other news and publications
New Licensed Building Practitioners website
- The team at Licensed Building Practitioners (LBP) have launched a new website.
Residential tenancies - insulation of rental properties
- With the deadline for insulating rental properties fast approaching on 1 July 2019, Tenancy Services has continued to add useful information and resources to its website including:
- Useful information to help landlords assess whether their rental property or properties meet the new insulation standards.